Optimedia China continues new business run
Beijing - Publicis-owned media network Optimedia has continued its string of new business wins, adding Herbalife China and Beijing Lan Hai Cold Mineral Water to its books.
Beijing Lan Hai Cold Mineral Water appointed Optimedia Beijing to handle the media account of its Aer Mineral Water in Beijing and Shanghai markets. The agency will be responsible for brand promotion and TV buying of Aer Mineral Water, leveraging its local client experience and brands promotion network.
The business win adds to Optimedia's list of local clients including Mengniu Group, Tencent and Tibet Cheezheng medical group.
Polun Ip, managing director of Optimedia North China, said: "Working with local clients like Mengniu gives us deeper knowledge of Chinese advertisers' needs and forms us a unique localised communication strategy."
"These advantages help us to win further local clients," Ip said.
Steven Chang (pictured), CEO of ZenithOptimedia, added that local clients are becoming a new growth point of ZenithOptimedia as Chinese enterprises put more investment on branding.
"We intend to use our years of local experience, know-how and our global network resource to develop further local businesses in China," Chang said.
"We would also like to extend the local brands into the globe by using our network if the brands are ready too."
Meanwhile Optimedia Shanghai has landed Herbalife China's 2010 media account after a pitch that lasted more than three months.
With TV still the dominant ad platform in China's lower-tier markets, Optimedia said its contract will mostly include TV air time to increase brand awareness, consumer loyalty and grow sales.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
Optimedia Related Stories:
- Mengniu picks Optimedia for online video
- Fara Fauzana new face of Laurier
- Optimedia lands Pizza Hut account
- Tencent search finds Optimedia Beijing
- MSIG smartens up with FlexiHealth
- Optimedia bags 360buy media account
- Optimedia drives away with Carsing
- ZO bags American Standard regional duties
- Optimedia names Beijing GM
- Optimedia's North China MD departs
- Optimedia Shanghai in double win
- Optimedia wins Qinghai barley wine biz
- China Citic Bank gives credit to Optimedia
- Optimedia bags Cheezheng media
- Classified Post lines up for taxi parade