Cyber Lions are Microsoft sponsored till 2010
"The Cyber Lions awards have become firmly cemented on the Cannes awards schedule as digital has added a richness to the advertising mix. We've seen strong growth again this year in Cyber with a record number of entries, up 8.35% versus 2006," Philip Thomas, CEO for Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival said.
The news means Microsoft's total relationship with the International Advertising Festival will reach nine years. Microsoft's presence at this year's event included among other things, a co-sponsored presentation, focusing on research exploring the dual dynamics of TV and the internet as digital takes centre stage in consumers' daily lives.
"It is undeniable that digital is taking an increasingly prominent position in the advertising mix. The industry has reached a level of maturity, and advertisers are now truly recognizing the power of digital," Steve Berkowitz, SVP of Online Services Business for Microsoft said.
- Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions
Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions Related Stories:
- Microsoft appoints country sales manager
- Young Asians show music and mobile fetish
- Microsoft fills SE Asia trade marketing manager role
- Schaumann makes internal shift
- Microsoft pushes Thai digital advertising forward
- Sony Pictures achieves innovation affirmation for movie launch
- Fancl sees clear results with online campaign
- UPDATE: Microsoft strengthens digital ad offering with acquisition
- Which digital technologies best target young people?
- Global Brand Forum taps MDAS for online advertising sponsorship
- Sony Ericsson shares the real life virtually
- Microsoft renews cyber award sponsorship at Cannes
- Philips partners Microsoft to debunk health myths
- Microsoft sells your site
- Return to the online basics
- Microsoft’s aggressive communications ad push continues