HTC taps Sina to join World Cup fever
SINA HTC SPONSORSHIP
Hong Kong - As part of a branding initiative, HTC has sponsored Sina's soccer channel to promote its new series of smartphones and leverage the buzz surrounding World Cup 2010 scheduled to kick off next month.
To tap on the soccer fever, Sina has launched a World Cup supplement featuring match scores and team information targeting football fans in Hong Kong.
The sponsorship deal include a special framing feature of the HTC handset on Sina's soccer World Cup 2010 site that aims to build brand awareness for the phone manufacturer as well as reinforce its multimedia experience.
Sina will also launch two online mini games to promote HTC's latest handsets, its Legend and Smart phones.
The first game includes a Q&A quiz to test how much World Cup lovers know about the tournament while the second game will roll out in mid June to guess match results. Winners will get to win HTC's latest smartphones.
Winnie Kung, senior marketing manager for HTC Hong Kong, said this is the brand's first foray into football related campaigns.
However, she is confident it will be successful due to Sina's extensive on the ground coverage during the matches and its ability to reach a quality user base of more than three million unique viewers per month.
"There's no sporting event more important in this calendar year than the World Cup and football fans in Hong Kong will certainly be tapping online for extensive games coverage and information, " Kingsis Yu, sales & BD director for SINA Hong Kong added.
He said the HTC and Sina World Cup supplement will be a destination of choice for online users in Hong Kong as the news portal aims to deliver extensive news coverage featuring real time news and photos round the clock from its more than hundred on-ground reporters and media partners in South Africa.
Pixel Media, Sina Hong Kong's exclusive ad sales rep is responsible for this sponsorship.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Sina Corporation
- Pixel Media
Sina Corporation Related Stories:
- SINA and Alibaba chase S$380m in ad rev
- Sina explores social commerce with Alibaba
- Business leaders top Weibo power list
- Sina to target SMEs for ad revenue growth
- Clash of the social titans: WeChat v Weibo
- Sina to power up Weibo as revenue soars
- Weibo debuts social game for Olympics
- Sina Weibo starts charging members
- Weibo tightens grip on content
- Sina, Lenovo launch social TV
- So takes international role at Sina
- Sina Hong Kong GM departs
- IN BRIEF: Timberland, Omnicom and Groupon
- Brands spread Christmas cheer via Weibo
- Sina ad revenue hits record US$101m
- Sina hires Ogilvy to spearhead Weibo push
- Weibo heads to McDonald's for new users
- China's netizens touch the 485 million mark
- Sky's the limit for Sina Weibo
- Sina Weibo goes independent