M1 and Affle collaborate to debut SMS2.0
Singapore - M1 together with Affle, a mobile media innovation company, has completed trials of Affle’s SMS2.0, an application platform that beings together text messaging, content and advertising.
The application was trialled among 2000 users with positive feedback – among the users were companies such as Coca-Cola and P&G, media agency Omnicom Media Group and media owner Singapore Press Holding.
The trial aimed to show that unlike traditional mobile marketing, users would be more likely to explore onscreen content and ads delivered via SMS2.0, with Affle’s new offering featuring updated messaging features, including colours, emoticons, scheduled SMS and other personalisation options.
“With the popularity and pervasive use of messaging, SMS2.0 offers advertisers a direct, inclusive and cost-effective channel to reach out to their desired consumer segments. For the willing mobile user who has to opt in for this service, it offers relevant promotional offers and content,” Neil Montefiore, CEO of M1, said.
“Affle’s new media helps us connect and refresh our consumers within arm’s reach – it is an innovative and unobtrusive opportunity to connect a brand message directly with a consumption offer,” Shakir Moin, regional manager, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei said.
Upcoming plans for the product include a commercial launch that will roll out in the third quarter of 2007.
- M1 Ltd
M1 Ltd Related Stories:
- M1 plays netball
- M1 gets art friendly
- M1: Still a friendly telco?
- IDA slaps three telcos with fines
- M1 ad accidentally promotes rival telco
- M1 gets friendly with consumers
- SSC calls PR pitch, M1 launches new card
- Telcos appoint TSLA for 'Connecting Tones'
- M1 joins SG rivals in pay-TV space
- M1 builds advertising options
- M1 pairs with Nokia for email
- M1 ups the ante in broadband battle
- Brands eager to jump on the bike
- M1 asks customers to call the shots
- Iris hires new AD
- M1 launches campaign that listens
- M1 deals some flash fun over CNY