Carat lands US$20m Seoul media business
Seoul - The Seoul Metropolitan Government has appointed Carat Hong Kong to manage its US$20 million media planning and buying business across Asia for 2010.
Carat won the pitch in collaboration with creative agency HS Ad against Cheil Worldwide, TBWA and Grey.
The account, based out of Carat Hong Kong, will include digital and offline media planning and buying in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and India with Malaysia in the pipeline.
The government pitch is held annually and in 2009, HS Ad won the business with Maxus while Carat handled Japan.
This year, HS Ad has invited Carat to pitch with them due to the strong working relationship for Japan market and their partnership with Korean Air.
Chris Ryan, CEO for Aegis Media Hong Kong said, "This win underpins Hong Kong's continuing importance as a hub for the region."
Regional business director, James Smyllie from Carat Hong Kong, added they look forward to continuing to promote Seoul as a destination to the region.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government will continue to build on the "Infinitely Yours, Seoul" concept developed by HS Ad from 2009.
This year's campaign will include tourism marketing and sports sponsorship plans that will be developed alongside events like the World Design Council 2010 and G20 Summit.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- Carat Hong Kong
Carat Hong Kong Related Stories:
- So you think you're social
- Smyllie promoted to new Aegis regional team
- Carat toasts with Pernod Ricard
- Carat scores US$20m KTO pitch
- FANCL drops MediaCom for Carat
- Carat lands US$2m Sky Deck business
- Bossini dresses up M&M's for Halloween push
- Tourism Australia sets strong digital tone
- Chu rejoins Carat Hong Kong in MD role
- Tribal DDB nabs Carat's strategy director
- Commercial Radio tunes in to iPhone apps
- Aegis rules out a Carat and wwwins merger
- Management overhaul at Aegis Hong Kong
- Esprit mulls next move for New Face work
- ANZ bank hands media duties to Carat
- Esprit kick starts hunt for next ad star
- New business nosedives in first half
- wwwins bowls over the competition
- Cancer Fund launches awareness drive
- Carat and wwwins launch digital JV