SOPA reappoints Tung as chairman
Hong Kong - The Society of Publishers in Asia has re-elected Terence Tung (pictured) as chairman of the publishing group and appointed Diana David as its new deputy chairman.
David is regional circulation and business development director for Financial Times while Tung is CEO for One Media Group.
He said 2010 should bring better times with the upswing in the economic cycle.
"Collectively we are quite upbeat about prospects," he added.
Tung pointed out that membership numbers for SOPA increased by 15% last year despite the downturn.
This year, new board representatives have joined SOPA, they include Barrie Goodridge, CEO Asia for Edipresse Asia, David E. Smith, regional director, advertising & sponsorship for The Economist Group and Shawn Hiltz, director of marketing, Asia at The Wall Street Journal Asia.
Board officers that were re-appointed include Randy Weddle, MD, Asia Pacific for International Herald Tribune Hong Kong as honorary treasurer and Do Do Yeung, MD and publisher for Hachette Filipacchi Hong Kong as honorary secretary.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- International Herald Tribune
- One Media Group
- Financial Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
International Herald Tribune Related Stories:
- No secrets leaked at SOPA
- New alliance for Malaysian Reserve and IHT
- SOPA salutes journalistic triumphs
- NYT heads down the paid content path
- Profile: Christine Brendle
- New look IHT merges with NYT online
- IHT & NY Times merge digital
- IHT prints in Dubai
- New deputy MD to maintain strong IHT circ base
- IHT joins hands with Reuters
- IHT and Asia Sentinel joined in content matrimony
- Accused fabricator joins SCMP
- IHT.com’s redesigned home page to woo more advertisers
- Newspaper of the Year
- Tribune names top sales chief
- The Standard tops medal tally at SOPA