Toshiba strikes key NBA marketing deal
Philippines - Toshiba has struck a marketing partnership with the NBA in the Philippines which will see the technology company sponsor all NBA events and local initiatives.
Toshiba will use the NBA's marketing programs, media and on-ground events in the Philippines to showcase its products to Filipino consumers and the nation's wide-ranging, NBA fan base.
As part of the announcement, Toshiba has launched a new line of high-definition TV sets, notebook PCs and a line of refrigerators. Toshiba said the products have been designed to compliment its deal with the NBA.
A Toshiba and NBA co-branded advertising campaign will run throughout the NBA season in the league's extensive media and marketing programs in the Philippines, including television broadcasts, NBA.com and high-profile NBA events.
The campaign will also include a retail promotion to win a trip to an NBA game and authentic NBA merchandise.
The company said its NBA partnership was an opportunity to expand its consumer base and tap into the league's passionate and technologically savvy fan base.
"The incredible popularity of the NBA will immediately strengthen and energize Toshiba's brand in the Philippines, and we look forward to growing with the league as we continue our product expansion," a company statement said.
Scott Levy, NBA Asia senior vice president & managing director, said the partnership with Toshiba will build on the league's presence in the Philippines.
Basketball is the most popular sport in the Philippines and the NBA is looking to grow the sport even further.
Since 2000, the NBA has hosted several grassroots events in the country, including NBA Madness, the league's interactive basketball festival and Jr. NBA/Jr.
Across the Philippines, NBA programming is broadcast on Basketball TV, Closed Circuit TV, C/S 9, ESPN and STAR Sports.
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia.
- NBA Asia
Toshiba Related Stories:
- The Edge eyes India, Toshiba uses memes
- Toshiba targets youths with new range
- Toshiba relocates Thai facility
- Toshiba builds water R&D centre
- Fujitsu ends merger with Toshiba
- Toshiba to supply turbines to NTPC
- ZenithOptimedia bags Toshiba's media biz
- Toshiba outsources to Samsung
- Panasonic, Toshiba plug into India
- Toshiba trims fatty excess
- Toshiba launches 25th anniversary campaign
- Toshiba's high-end transformation
- Toshiba finds a celebrity friend in Owen Yap
- CEVA extends Toshiba partnership
- Puma tees up for Her World Golf Challenge
- Toshiba slashes 3,900 more jobs
- Japanese tech giants boost measures to combat crisis
- Panasonic, Toshiba to close factories in Asia
- Toshiba seeks to buy Fujitsu’s HDD business
- Toshiba anticipates loss in first half of 2008