Grey sheds old agency skin, adds Furby
- Grey rebrands Sydney office
- Now called JayGrey
- Looking at other options in region
Regional - Grey's Sydney office has shed its traditional agency skin and emerged with a new name and new face JayGrey, in partnership with creative Jay Furby, and the agency may look at other similar options around the region.
According to a statement from Grey, the new positioning pays homage to Jay Furby who has "been at the helm of the agency's bid to rise above traditional rivals and challenge Sydney's emerging landscape of ‘new' brand agencies".
"It is a combination of Furby's talent and prescience and the agency's trusted heritage that will see JayGrey rival boutique agencies. A bold move for the traditionally steadfast agency, JayGrey has unflappable support from the business's core."
Furby is a former creative head of The Furnace and Arnold in Australia, and has also had stints at DDB Sydney, Saatchi & Saatchi Australia and Saatchi & Singapore. The award-winning creative has spent the past two years outside of the advertising industry.
Grey Sydney has struggled to carve a niche out for itself and has previously been seen a very traditional agency. Paul Gardner, Grey Group Australia and New Zealand's group chairman, is confident with the new move.
"Recent ventures including the development of a digital arm, G2, designed to keep our media campaigns in line with the new media world and i-environment, have delivered great results," Gardner said.
"However, until the establishment of JayGrey, we felt there has still been a gap in our offering, namely a strong, high-profile, extremely creative Grey business in Australia's major city. We're pleased to collaborate with Jay Furby to create JayGrey, an agency that will be nimble, noisy and entrepreneurial."
Marketing asked whether there were any plans to do the same in the Grey Melbourne office or any other offices around Asia Pacific, to which Grey Group Asia Pacific's chairman and CEO, Nirvik Singh, responded: "We are constantly looking for strategic alliances or acquisitions that will work to accelerate our clients' businesses or enhance our reputation and offering."
More quality Lighthouse titles
Managing people? For HR and leadership strategy, Human Resources has it covered.
Want to get on the right side of the procurement department?
Direct them to Procurement Asia
- Grey Global Group
Grey Global Group Related Stories:
- JayGrey Sydney hires young talent
- G2rams creates outdoor cinema for Philips
- Green Sense serves up finless Jaws on plate
- Grey branding for Elis across China
- StarWorld names Grey Hong Kong as AOR
- Grey boosts creative with new ECD
- Cancer Fund ad push urges women to check
- Sony Bravia channels Grey
- G2 adds DPI to shopping list
- Grey Delhi appoints associate VP
- Grey Mumbai makes senior appointment
- Grey Group brings Tay on board
- VIDEO: Grey readies for Year of the Tiger
- Grey beefs up regional team
- Yahoo! drives mail usage via talent quest
- Grey Group wins Colorado in Oz
- Grey bags Siam Park City creative account
- Shabaz resurfaces at Grey
- Allianz appoints Grey to global account
- MARKET RESEARCH: Captivating Singaporean Shoppers