Nat Geo explores user generated content
- Nat Geo launches online community to encourage adventure seeking
- Is an online community where users can share work with other users
- Includes works from professional filmmakers and amateurs
Regional - The National Geographic Channel has launched a new website to encourage users to document their travel experiences as part of an online community of adventure seekers.
According to Nat Geo, the site (http://natgeoadventure.tv/asia/) promises to offer viewers in Asia the opportunity to become real-life TV adventurers.
The community website is a combination of the adventure footage made by leading filmmaking experts, as well as keen amateur adventurers.
"National Geographic is always on the look-out for exciting new filmmakers, photographers, journalists and presenters in Asia to work on new projects, which is why we have launched a dedicated platform to offer aspiring Asian talents the chance to show to the world what they can do and communicate why we should work with them," Sonia Jackson, SVP marketing for National Geographic Channel Asia, said.
- National Geographic Channel
National Geographic Channel Related Stories:
- Panasonic goes green with NGC again
- In BRIEF: KFC, Banyan Tree, Pan Pacific
- The Great zebra Migration
- Astro colours world with shades of Merdeka
- Fox and NGC appoints new Aussie leader
- Fox and SMG expand content partnership
- Best Buds return with Mediate
- Bridgestone in green drive with Nat Geo
- National Geographic goes mobile
- Shangri-La and Nat Geo in CSR move
- TapRoot wins creative duties for NGC
- Asia’s elite tune into CNN
- Nat Geo inks NST content deal
- Ogilvy looks to connect Fox brands to locals
- News Corp hit hard by recession
- National Geographic get weightless
- MDA all for Lonely Planet
- NCG rolls out interactive offering
- Nat Geo City Chase steps up local marketing efforts
- Samsung promotes HD on Nat Geo