MindShare rules Malaysian Media Awards
Malaysia - MindShare Malaysia has bagged a host of honours at this year's Malaysian Media Awards which wrapped-up over the weekend, including Agency of the Year and the Grand Prix.
The agency also took home six gold, eight silver and five bronze awards across eleven categories. Unilever Malaysia took home the Advertiser of the Year award.
"Media agencies have to understand their clients' needs, even more now, and help translate that in an effective and cost efficient manner. This can be done by staying on top of trends in order to get ahead of our competitors and provide something new and interesting for our clients," Tan Siang Lin president of Media Specialists Association (MSA) said at a press conference with organising chairman Prashant Kumar also present.
At the conference Kumar celebrated the award show's, which is in its fifth installment, 279 entries this year - an increase of 18% from last year. And also dismissed suggestions the increase was due to the relatively cheap entry fee which he says has not gone down from last year.
In April, Kumar played up the importance of the MMA saying it pushed the industry's creativity levels higher during the economic downturn.
Other notable winners include Oscar Lee Wen Siew of Mindshare who won the Young Planner of the Year award. This award is the newest addition to the award categories and is aligned with the award's aim to encourage young talent to succeed and develop within the media industry.
Two other new additions - Branded Content on Television Category and Point of Sales (POS), were won by Universal McCann Malaysia and Mindshare Malaysia, respectively.
Entries were selected by an independent jury, made up of senior level leaders from across media and creative agencies, advertisers and media owners.
- Universal McCann
- Media Specialists Assocation
Universal McCann Related Stories:
- Brand’s goes HaHa this CNY
- MasterCard makes Singapore priceless
- UM adds Claire's to China roster
- UM nabs Starcom's Bowling
- Vitamin Water dances Gangnam style
- UM names managing partner for Cathay
- UM wins Carrefour media duties
- UM bags Ernst & Young global duties
- UM China wins Chrysler Group
- UM's Brett Stewart joins OMD International
- Suntec chooses UM
- In BRIEF: UM, Heineken, PSB, TBWA
- UM bags H&M's media biz in Malaysia
- The New Straits Times gets talking
- Brands welcome on social media
- Screen of Choice
- FOMA Focus: Jacki Kelley, Universal McCann
- UM big winner in ExxonMobil review
- FT pushes deeper online engagement
- UM tightens ad targeting for Zuji