Vidal taps China's fleeting fashion trends
Shanghai - Vidal Sassoon has launched an integrated campaign to position itself as a premium high-end fashion brand for young Chinese women.
The campaign is a departure from its functional hair benefits and instead focuses on driving fashion trends.
Themed "Inspirations", the campaign will have an emphasis on women living in cosmopolitan cities such as Shanghai who are obsessed with the latest fashion trends.
Special Vidal Sassoon product offerings will also be launched to help customers maximise their beauty with each new trend found in the fashion and beauty industry that ranges from clothes and makeup to fragrance or nail colours.
Vidal Sassoon will bring avant-garde hairstyle collections to consumers complementing with the release of its product offerings to match the most fashionable looks of the season.
The first collection, the 2009 Spring/Summer look of the season, is deconstructionist architecture. The hair company will partner with fashion chain I.T to create the "deconstructionist hair" trend as well as "deconstructionist fashion".
Eddie Booth, chairman for Leo Burnett Greater China, said Vidal Sassoon is living true to its ambition to become more than just a brand about beautiful hair.
"[It's] a complete fashion brand that captures the attention and imagination of its customers,"he said.
The campaign will include TV commercials, print, outdoor, an a "deconstruction" fashion event organised by Vidal Sassoon and I.T. including online banners and a dedicated website recently revamped to become more of a fashion portal.
The brand is also being re-launched with a full line-up of new packaging developed based on the idea of "deconstruction" as well as contains an upgraded formula to remove frizz and split-ends.
Judith Azoulay-Acoca, associate director of Greater China, Advertising Development for Procter and Gamble Greater China, said "It captures what Vidal Sassoon truly is and has always been: a professional brand that is all about "Expertise and Creation in Hair"."
Leo Burnett developed creatives while Mediacom handled media buying and planning.
- Leo Burnett
- Procter and Gamble
Leo Burnett Related Stories:
- Leo Burnett appoints ECD
- Twinings Tea appoints Leo Burnett
- Leo Burnett appoints Samsung business lead
- FrieslandCampina and Leo Burnett part ways
- Leo Burnett wins global brief for Pfizer
- Petronas redeems itself with Tau Fu Fah
- Relationships matter more than tech trends
- P&G celebrates Tet with mothers
- 7-Eleven markets with sweets and a big heart
- Samsung embarks on Galaxy Wonderland
- Beacon/Leo Burnett realigns digital effort
- 7-Eleven makes noise with baby on drums
- Ebay classifieds show its humorous side
- Indigo to drive hype for game show launch
- Ducks with flaming gas go viral
- BFM: the future of tobacco brands
- Leo Burnett appoints Kyriakou's replacement
- Be Natural picks agency down under
- Leo Burnett ropes in Rushbrook
- The Curious Cat speaks up about tiles