McCanns drive Exora hype ahead of unveil
- McCann Worldgroup hypes Proton Exora
- Over 840 bookings made since pre-bookings opened
Malaysia - McCann Worldgroup's McCann Erickson and MRM Worldwide divisions have helped Proton create hype and drive bookings for the Proton Exora, Malaysia's first multi-purpose vehicle which launches in April.
Pre-bookings opened on 21 February which in one week resulted in more than 840 bookings placed nationwide - despite not being able to see what the vehicle looks like. Proton Holdings reportedly will produce 3,000 to 3,500 units per month.
The pre-launch campaign is being driven via press and online. Titled, 'You will be Amazed to know it's a Proton', the pre-launch campaign is created around the idea of an amazingly designed, feature-packed MPV, which is built with people's needs in mind.
The teaser campaign is a slow reveal of the Proton Exora's benefits in comfort, safety and performance and consumers will eventually get a full revelation over a period of two months.
Huang Ean Hwa, deputy chairman and ECD, McCann Erickson said in addition to highlighting the vehicle's features, McCann "drew on the sense of national pride among Malaysians about the launch of the first home grown MPV, reinforcing the fact that it is a vehicle made for Malaysians by Malaysians".
Proton, the country's first national auto-maker is targeting families who are looking to replace or upgrade to the seven-seater MPV.
- McCann Erickson Malaysia
- MRM Worldwide
- McCann Worldgroup
McCann Erickson Malaysia Related Stories:
- McCann shakes up top management
- Maxis imparts grandfather's wisdom
- McCann wins gold at LIA
- Y&R named Agency of the Year at Kancil
- Mitsubishi promotes Pajero Sport
- A&W on the hunt for a new agency
- Marketing TV: Training and retaining talent
- A+M Wrap-up: Sweet Fight for Gold
- KFC unrolls marketing for new chicken wrap
- Effie gold for LB, DraftFCB and Optimedia
- KFC to spend RM2 million on cheesy pasta
- Nestle milks Nespray 1+ benefits
- Nescafe plays the health card
- Long path to Selangor Tourism decision
- KFC launches RM3m campaign
- Four in pitch for Tourism Selangor creative biz
- Lucky 13 Award-ed
- Property work for Dentsu and McCanns
- Pos Malaysia delivers pitch shortlist
- Read to leave McCann