Read to leave McCann
Malaysia – Gary Read, senior brand director, McCann Erickson has tendered his resignation from the agency, short of a year’s service and is currently serving out his notice period.
McCann had announced his recruitment in mid-February last year, with responsibility for new business development and branding initiatives.
McCann Worldgroup CEO Tony Savarimuthu confirmed the news to A+M, declining further comment.
Read joined McCann at the same time that creative group head Jaideep Mahajan and associate for digital strategy Leong See Kit went on board but is learnt to have notified the agency of his departure last December.
Read, upset with the way the story was reported today, told A+M he was leaving for personal reasons to do "his own thing" but would serve his required notice period.
- McCann Erickson Malaysia
- McCann Worldgroup
McCann Erickson Malaysia Related Stories:
- McCann shakes up top management
- Maxis imparts grandfather's wisdom
- McCann wins gold at LIA
- Y&R named Agency of the Year at Kancil
- Mitsubishi promotes Pajero Sport
- A&W on the hunt for a new agency
- Marketing TV: Training and retaining talent
- A+M Wrap-up: Sweet Fight for Gold
- KFC unrolls marketing for new chicken wrap
- Effie gold for LB, DraftFCB and Optimedia
- KFC to spend RM2 million on cheesy pasta
- Nestle milks Nespray 1+ benefits
- Nescafe plays the health card
- Long path to Selangor Tourism decision
- KFC launches RM3m campaign
- McCanns drive Exora hype ahead of unveil
- Four in pitch for Tourism Selangor creative biz
- Lucky 13 Award-ed
- Property work for Dentsu and McCanns
- Pos Malaysia delivers pitch shortlist